PLEASE READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR BOOKING AND/OR ORDER. THESE TERMS ARE LEGALLY BINDING AND NON-NEGOTIABLE.
CUSTOM DESIGN, ALTERATIONS & BOUTIQUE ITEMS
All invoices must be paid in full before item is delivered/picked up. All deposits must be paid in full by their due date and before construction begins.
2. Default in payment
The Client shall assume responsibility for cost outlays by Felicia Ray in all collections of unpaid fees and of legal fees necessitated by default in payment. Invoices in default will include but are not limited to fees for collection and legal costs. In the event that Client defaults in payment, and fails to make full payment within 7 days of project completion, Felicia Ray reserves the right to sell item(s) at her discretion to recover the cost of Felicia Ray’s loss. Client will receive notification when project is complete.
Please note that the estimate is based on the initial garment details that you have provided in your estimate request. Any additions to the garment or fabric changes may alter the price of your garment. Fabric prices and types vary and this could change the cost of your garment. Your garments will be made based on the measurements that you send to me. If you are not certain of your measurements, please have a professional take them for you.
The fees and expenses shown are minimum estimates only unless an hourly fee has been agreed upon. That fee will be Hourly Fee per hour or Service Fee per service/product and Felicia Ray shall keep the client apprised of a tally of hours within a reasonable period of time. Final fees and expenses shall be shown when invoice is rendered. The fees and expenses shown are minimum estimates only unless the quote and/or invoice is clearly marked Firm Quote, otherwise the below stated hourly fee/service fee will be payable on all time over that which was quoted with a minimum in 30 minute increments.
Rush fee of $10 will apply for non-formal/casual garments requested to be delivered under 10 business days; $15 for special occasion garments under 15 business days; and $25 for bridal gowns under 20 business days.
The Client must assume that all additions, alterations, changes in content, layout or process changes requested by the customer, will alter the time and cost. The Client shall offer Felicia Ray the first opportunity to make any changes. Once construction of your garment/item begins, there will be no changes allowed…no exceptions.
The Client shall reimburse Felicia Ray for all expenses arising from this assignment, including the payment of any sales taxes due on this assignment, and shall advance Felicia Ray for payment of said expenses, including but not limited specialty fabrics, accessories and 3rd party services (i.e screen printing, embroidery, dry cleaning).
In the event of cancellation of an assignment/project after agreements have been signed, Client forfeits ALL deposits, payments and materials obtained for this project and Felicia Ray reserves the right to sell the items at her discretion.
Please note that all deposits must be received before the date shown on the deposit invoice. Failure to make payment by this date may result in the project being delayed. Please note that ALL deposits are non-refundable. Client is responsible for scheduling and keeping all appointments. In the event that Client cancels 2 consecutive appointments, delaying the construction process, Client’s assignment/project(s) will be cancelled. Additionally, Client forfeits ALL deposits, payments and materials obtained for this project and Felicia Ray reserves the right to sell the items at her discretion.
In the event that an assignment/project is cancelled, and Client would like to continue working with Felicia Ray & Co., a new agreement will be created and treated separately from previous agreement. Client will be responsible for paying all deposits of the new agreement in full. Previous deposits are NOT transferable to new project agreements.
All appointments must be scheduled in advance. Felicia Ray & Co. does not accept walk ins. All appointments are closed sessions. Appointment slots are limited.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to contact us to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Client forfeits ALL previously paid deposits and payments if Client fails to cancel appointments at minimum 4 hours before the appointment is scheduled to begin. Client must reschedule cancelled appointments within 2 weeks of the previously scheduled appointment.
- If Client fails to reschedule their appointment within the two week grace period, Clients’ project will be cancelled and Client forfeits ALL previously paid deposits and payments.
- Client may choose to submit a new estimate request however, previous pricing and completion time frames from previous scheduled project and appointment will not be guaranteed. Previous deposits and payments will not be applied to new project and/or appointments.
- When booking an appointment for someone other than yourself, it is your responsibility to make them aware of these terms and conditions and to give them enough notice as possible about the booking.
If Client plans to bring a guest and or children to a scheduled appointment, Client must notify Felicia Ray & Co. in advance so that accommodations can be made, otherwise Client’s guest(s) will need to make arrangements to wait outside and/or Client will need to make arrangements for children before appointment. This is not optional.
TURNAROUND TIMES: Peak season is between March – October and late November – New Years. For alterations on non-formal and casual garments, the typical turnaround time is 2-3 weeks during the off-peak, and 3-4 weeks during the peak season.
For bridal gowns, the typical turnaround time is 3 – 6 weeks during the off-peak, and 6-8 weeks during the peak season.
For alterations on special occasion garments (bridesmaid/formal dresses), the typical turnaround time is 2-4 weeks during the off-peak, and 4-6 weeks during the peak season.
During the peak season, Felicia Ray & Co. books appointments very quickly, so from the moment Client submits an estimate request, Client can expect to schedule your consultation within 7-10 business days.
Rush fee of $25 will apply for non-formal/casual garments requested to be delivered under 10 business days; $45 for special occasion garments under 15 business days; and $85 for bridal gowns under 20 business days.
WHEN TO SCHEDULE: Client can schedule appointments as far in advance as needed. If Client plans to gain/loose/shape up, and will change in size, Client should book an appointment as close to Client’s event, as typical turnaround times will allow.
Please keep in mind that between April and September Felicia Ray & Co. books 2-3 weeks in advance, so please contact Felicia Ray & Co. early!
WHAT TO BRING: Once the appointment is scheduled, Client should receive a confirmation and a reminder closer to the date of your appointment. For all Client appointments, bring your shoes (or same size heel – very important for marking the hem properly), and any shape-wear/undergarments you are planning to wear with your garment.
DELIVERY/PICKUP: Completed garments/items must be picked up within 14 days of project completion. After all open invoices have been paid in full, Client will receive a notification email with instructions on how to schedule Client’s Pickup/Delivery Appointment. In the event that Client does not retrieve completed items within 14 days of project completion, Felicia Ray reserves the right to sell item(s) at her discretion.
9. Ownership of work
Felicia Ray retains ownership of all original work, recreating an item, and alterations, whether preliminary or final and reserves the right to use work and/or copies of work for marketing purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, posting images on Felicia Ray websites, social media, email marketing and print.
10. Credit Lines
Credit lines are not available.
The Client shall indemnify Felicia Ray against all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to the uses for which no release was requested in writing or for uses that exceed authority granted by a release.
Modifications of the terms of this contract must be written and authorized by both parties, involving the implementation of a new version of the contract as a whole following standard procedures of documentation and approval.
13. Uniform commercial code
The above terms incorporate Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
14. Code of fair practice
The Client and Felicia Ray agree to comply with the provisions of the Code of Fair Practice (which is in the Ethical Standards section of chapter 1, Professional Relationships).
15. Code of fair practice
Felicia Ray warrants and represents that, to the best of her knowledge, the work assigned hereunder is original and has not been previously published, or that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that all work or portions thereof obtained through the undersigned form third parties is original or, if previously published, that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis; that Felicia Ray has full authority to make this agreement; and that the work prepared by Felicia Ray does not contain any scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter. This warranty does not extend to any uses that the Client or others may make of Felicia Ray’s product that may infringe on the rights of others. Client expressly agrees that it will hold Felicia Ray harmless for all liability caused by the Client’s use of the Felicia Ray’s product to the extent such use infringes on the rights of others.
16. Limitation of liability
Client agrees that it shall not hold Felicia Ray or his/her agents or employees liable for any incidental or consequential damages that arise from the Felicia Ray’s failure to perform any aspect of the project in a timely manner, regardless of whether such failure was caused intentional or negligent acts or omissions of Felicia Ray or Client, any client representatives or employees, or a third party.
17. Dispute Resolution
Any disputes in excess of maximum limit for small-claims court arising out of this Agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration before a mutually agreed-upon arbitrator pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The Arbitrator’s award shall be final, and judgment may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The client shall pay all arbitration and court cost, reasonable attorney’s fees, and legal interest on any award of judgment in favor of Felicia Ray. All actions, whether brought by client or by Felicia Ray will be filed in the Felicia Ray’s state/county of business/residence. This contract is held accountable to the legal system of Texas and any applicable statutes held therein.
18. Acceptance of terms
The action of the sending and receipt of this agreement via electronic method will hold both parties in acceptance of these terms. Felicia Ray as sender and the client as recipient will acknowledge acceptance of these terms either through an e-mail noting acceptance or acceptance is acknowledged at the beginning of any work on said project. Electronic signatures shall be considered legal and binding.
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR BOOKING COURSES. THESE TERMS ARE LEGALLY BINDING AND NON-NEGOTIABLE.
Due to the limited number of available places, all bookings are final, strictly non-refundable and only valid for your chosen *date(s). Please carefully check your schedule before going ahead with the payment. Once your booking is complete you will receive a confirmation and receipt from us. Please check your junk or promotional folders if you cannot locate them in your main inbox and contact us if you haven’t received these within 24 hours of completing your booking.
- Classes for minors are cancelled if Public Schools have closed or have early dismissal due to inclement weather or other circumstances such has natural disasters or crises. Students/parents will be notified via email if classes are cancelled. Efforts will be made to make-up weather cancelled classes, but are not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course with less than two bookings and due to the unpredictable nature of bookings, we are unable to give more than 24 hours notice although we’ll give you notice the course might not go ahead 48 hours in advance.
- Occasionally we may also need to cancel a course due to unpredictable circumstances. In case of a cancellation on our part, you will be given the options to either transfer to another date, obtain a credit voucher to be used within one year of the cancellation date, transfer the course to someone else’s name, swap to a different course of the same or of higher value (*you will have to pay the difference if the other course has a higher cost), or obtain a full refund. We will not be liable for any travel expenses, or any other costs you may incur.
- We understand things can come up sometimes, and if for any reason you can no longer attend your course, we will do our best to accommodate you on a different date, subject to availability and to our discretion. Make-up classes for private and semi-private students can be scheduled with a minimum of one week’s notice. If the instructor is ill for a class and a substitute is not available, a make-up class will be scheduled.
- Once you notify us you are no longer able to attend on the date originally booked, you will be put on a waiting list for the next available course, or for another suitable date. You will only be offered a place if there are any spaces left a few hours before a course starts. You will have to wait until then and contact us to find out if we have any spaces left for you to attend on that date. Should you be unsuccessful in securing a place on the next available course, or a preferred date, you may go on the waiting list for the one after and so on. Refunds will not be offered due to a participant’s inability to partake in missed make-up session.
- We reserve the right to discontinue a course at any time. If you cancel a course which was going ahead on the date originally booked and this is subsequently discontinued, you may use the credit to transfer to a different course subject to availability and to our discretion. You may also transfer the booking to a different name subject to the same terms.
- Please note: It is your responsibility to contact us to find out about availability in order to reschedule and you must do this within one year of booking. Any alternative dates offered by us must be accepted within that period. You will no longer be entitled to reschedule after the one year period ends if
- there have been opportunities for you to attend on alternative dates and you have not accepted them.
- if you have failed to make regular contact with us to inquire about availability within the one year period
- When booking a course for someone other than yourself, it is your responsibility to make them aware of these terms and conditions and to give them enough notice as possible about the booking.
Felicia Ray & Company | Lil Sewing School reserves the right to withdraw a student from lessons, for inappropriate behavior.
There will be a 3 strike rule. Due to the mature of working with machinery, Felicia Ray & Company | Lil Sewing School will not
tolerate behavior deemed dangerous or harmful.
- First Strike: Child is spoken to regarding inappropriate behavior.
- Second Strike: Parent and child have a conversation with teacher and owner of Felicia Ray & Company | Lil Sewing School as to nature of inappropriate behavior and a plan is put into place to give the child a positive way to handle themselves during a lesson at Felicia Ray & Company | Lil Sewing School.
- Third Strike: Sew Be Crafty reserves the right to terminate lessons and no refund will be issued.
- Felicia Ray & Company | Lil Sewing School reserves the right to invite a child to return to lessons if parent/child demonstrates